Friday, May 2, 2008

Outdoor Hour Challenge #2 - Use your words

This was a really fun assignment that really got us thinking! Our assignment was to enjoy a nature walk and then use our words to describe some of the things we experienced. We used our nature walk on Wednesday for the assignment. Here are our words and journal entries...


Tyler:

One word to describe something I heard. Tweeting

Two words to describe something I saw. Brown worm

Three words to describe something I felt. Super soft petals


And here is Tyler's Nature Journal entry...
he did some copywork and I let him have fun with the drawings.



Sherry:

One word to describe something I heard. Tweeting

Two words to describe something I saw. Purple flowers

Three words to describe something I felt. Slippery wet mud


And my Journal entry... I used it to teach us some of the parts of a flower. I added a little worm in the corner because this was Tyler's favorite part of the hike. He carried an earthworm around for quite a bit of our walk. I also added the date and location, and a list of the people who joined us for our walk.


Thanks, Barb (Harmony Art Mom) for hosting the Outdoor Hour Challenges! We are loving them! We can't wait to get started on number 3! Especially since I have new hiking boots now! After our 2 mile walk on Wednesday I thought my feet were going to fall off... actually I think it would have been a relief if they had!!! Obviously my cheapo hikers weren't going to cut it for our new Nature Study adventures. But I'm ready now!

No comments: